We spent this last weekend down at the lake, visiting with our families. Both my dad and my little brother are home from the Middle East - at the same time! - so it was almost like a family reunion. My siblings and my dad/stepmom haven't all been together in so long... I really can't even remember the last time. Hanging out at my dad's house is so comfortable and laid back - it always involves lots of yummy meals, lots of competitive gaming (washers, spoons, darts, you name it). I'm always sad to leave.
We also had a BBQ at my moms house, where some of her neighbors came, as well as Jason's parents. Good times!
Here are some pictures from our weekend...
4 Generations of short women
(L to R, my sister, my grandma, my mom (holding C), and me)
(L to R, my sister, my grandma, my mom (holding C), and me)
Just a cute baby I found on the side of the road.
Ashley was changing Charlotte into her pajamas, and Charlotte decided to run away.
Yay! Grandpa Mike's making breakfast! And coffee!!!!
Sleeping in GrannyKat's (my stepmom) arms
Get two guys (and their testosterone) together, and they like to practice their 'moves'. My dad was a police officer for 20+ years, and my brother is military... it's a whole weekend of who can "take who down". Despite the look on Brad (my brother)'s face, it is all in good fun - and usually pretty entertaining, but man! They get rough.
See - they still like each other.
Charlotte and Nana (Jason's mom)
Grandpa Mike, can I eat your pancake?
GrannyKat & Charlotte
Look at the fat rolls on that arm!! She's filled with mashed potatoes.
She chews on her hands and arms 24/7 now.
Aunt Ashley wearing Charlotte in the babyhawk.
And just for giggles...
While going through some stuff, I came across a picture of myself, in the hospital, just after I was born. I'd noticed how similar Charlotte and I looked at that age before, but I thought that the resemblance was uncanny in these shots. I wonder what she'll look like when she grows up...


4 comments:
oh, hooray for family time, esp. wonderful aunts. i am SO very close to my sister, too, so I loved to see pics of Ashley and miss Charlotte. I also loved the baby pic. I have been wanting to do such a post of us for a long time now. C does look so much like you! oxox
Happy Three Months today!!! I can't believe how big you are getting sweet baby.
Amazing! Miss Charlotte looks so much like you! I am so glad you guy had fun! I still say she is one of the prettiest babies I have ever seen!
I love the family pictures! And wow, I agree-- C looks just like you!! She will grow up to be a beautiful (and short) young woman. :-)
Post a Comment