»

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Friends that pray...

My sweet friend Amber (see a link to her blog, in my friends) has a sweet son, Andrew - who is 15. Andrew's been battling cancer for a while, and it's reached the point where his family just wants him to be at peace - and pain free.


I can't imagine losing a child. Please pray they feel God's arms around them and for the comfort and strength they need....

This is something Andrew wrote in June. So wise for such a young age....


Through dying eyes, its a new world i see.
The colors are so much brighter.
The little things grow bigger day by day
And burdens grow even lighter.

As times grow shorter, you'd think i'd grow sadder
But it makes me cherish everything more.
And with each passing day, its easier to say
Live this one like never before.

And as sadness looms, i grow in faith.
As i trust in God for safety
this situation is our of my hands.
And i know that he will guide me

At a passing glance, there's nothing to me.
but there's more than meets the eye.
I see the world in a much different view
Than the average person passing by

And i wish everyone could see
the world through the eye of a dying man
because maybe, just maybe
people would live and see the world like i can.

5 comments:

Rikki said...

wow. that is inspiring. thanks for sharing, allison.

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

We'll be praying...I can't even begin to imagine what they are feeling....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Allison...wow, such powerful words. I'll be praying.

Patty Smith, Graphic Designer said...

That is absolutely beautiful. A dear friend of ours and worship leader at our church wrote a song for the loss Jason and I had and for the loss of another 3 yr old. I will pass it on to you to pass on to them.

wilderlamb said...

That is so beautiful. I can't believe he is only 15. Such wisdom for a kid so young.