We've had an exciting few weeks!
We spent a week in Chicago - I attempted to go exploring on my own, I met a girlfriend at Navy Pier for a day, we had dinner with Aron & Suzanne (& Maggie, of course!), we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo, we took the El, I saw my family, I made a few too many stops at the Moonstruck Chocolate Shop.... it was a lovely trip. And exhausting, as well. Aron & Suzanne were the best! Great conversation, delicious dinner, perfect weather - Jason & I are both looking forward to getting to know them better, and watching Maggie grow. Her personality is already infectious.
And on the way home - American Airlines oversold our flight, so we volunteered to take the next one and each received a $300 voucher for it. That's our flight to New York next spring! Woot!
This weekend I started having contractions... since I'm only 22 weeks, it was obviously somewhat concerning, but I just kind of blew them off as braxton hicks. Then I read somewhere that you should call your doctor if you have more than 4 an hour. Oops. So I called this morning, him and my perinatologist had me rush in for an exam and a sonogram. Good news is that my cervix is still perfectly long and closed - the bad news is that I shouldn't be having so many, so strong. They're running some tests and hopefully it's just an unsymptomatic-infection of some sort, but I'm going to be on weekly progesterone injections from now on. One of the tests they ran is the fetal fibronectin test, which normally happens at 24 weeks - fFN is the "glue" that holds the fetal sack to the uterus, and if they can detect it's presence then that means that the "glue" is beginning to disintegrate - predicting preterm labor. I really, REALLY doubt they'll find that. My instinct says that nothing major is going on... just a little something is out of whack, and we'll get it fixed. My OB said that the progesterone injections will help "soothe my crabby uterus." I really feel like I'm blessed, the care I'm getting from both of my doctors is very cautious, very compassionate and super nice to me. They rock.
Here's the latest pictures of baby Charlotte. She's a doll, isn't she? I'm so in love.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
So maybe posting once a month will just be *my thing*...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
she is precious and I love that you always put the bow on her head, I mean we should all be surprised if she doesn't come out with one! Hee, can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.
we loved dinner with you guys, too, and look forward to doing life together once we are back in Dallas. will be in prayer that sweet Charlotte stays in until it's time to meet the world. thanks for the update and like Rachel, I *love* that you always put a bow in her hair. too cute. and, i'm going to have to hit up Moonstruck one last time before we move.
Awww!!! She is a doll! Stay in there Charlotte, you have some more cooking to do.
hello?????????????? it's been more than a month!!!!
Post a Comment