»

Saturday, August 18, 2007

OK, off my back! :o)

I've been BEYOND swamped lately. Seriously - work is extra heavy, on top of all of the other stuff. But... the nursery is painted! Jason & Brad (my little brother, who just got out of the Air Force) did a fantastic job.


It looks better in person... the taupe is a shade I pulled out of the bedding and it matches perfectly. At least we can cross one thing off of the checklist!

I also caught wind of a co-op purchase on diapers this week, and took advantage of it. Jason & I are planning on cloth diapering, and we bought several of these (Swaddlebees) - in assorted sizes and colors... we got a FANTASTIC deal. I can't wait to get them! (Of course, I got lots of pinks/purples/yellows... not any blues).


Researching different types of CD's is kind of overwhelming (isn't everything baby-related overwhelming??) - but we're hopefully going to have a pretty good stash built up by the time Charlotte is born, and then won't have to mess with it until she's much older!

Prayer request... My sweet friend, Niki, and her husband Brian are from Jamaica - and all of their family is still there. Jamaica looks like it's going to be steamrolled by Hurricane Dean within the next 24 hours.... the forecasts are horribly frightening, and a large number of the population can not afford wood for their windows, extra food/batteries/etc. Pray for the island, as a whole. A category 5 hurricane (which Dean is predicted to be by the time it hits the island) has never hit there before... it's the same category as Katrina. The residents can't just "evacuate north" like our citizens do in a storm. :o(

2 comments:

Gloria Furman said...

Yikes-- we'll be praying for Jamaica. Thanks for the heads up.

Renee & Sheldon said...

I applaud you for going with cloth diapers. We had entertained the idea but then ran out of time to pick them up and have been using disposable =( I know that cloth is better for their skin and prevents diaper rash a little better than disposable. Thanks for the meal the other night, the brisket was really good!! I'll definitely pick it up again!