What's a girl gotta do to get some contractions going around here?
Just a quick update - had a doctors appt yesterday (80% effaced, dilated b/w a 1-2, he didn't mention station but she was +1 before, and based on pelvic bone pain, she feels a bit lower). So we're making progress, but not enough. He set her eviction date as this Friday. :o(
Assuming she doesn't come before then, we check into the hospital Thursday night at 10pm. It's hard when you totally trust your doctor, and totally don't want to do what he wants you to do. Very conflicting. I need to really quit trying to figure out a way to control this situation, and let God be in charge of planning her birthday... and her birth, as it stands.
But in the meantime - lol - I had eggplant parm for dinner last night, I've eaten more pineapple than you could possibly imagine, I'm drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea, etc etc. I asked my OB about Castor Oil... he said it wouldn't be pleasant, and he doesn't think it works, but that it wouldn't 'hurt me', per se. We bought a bottle, but I haven't done much more than stare at it, as of yet. I have several girlfriends who have been telling me all along "just take castor oil!" but the idea of being dehydrated at the start of labor doesn't sit well with me. I'm not convinced that it will result in anything better than what the pitocin will do, so we'll see.
Charloooootttttttttte.............. come out, come out, wherever you are!!!!
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
My lazy uterus.
Posted by eleventhirtysix images at 11:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nnnnnooooo! Don't take the castor oil! It will rip your guts up. My OB said it just greases your intestines, provoking major diarrhea, which causes your abdominal muscles to violently contract causing a chain reaction. !CUIDADO! Eat some Chuy's instead.
sounds like you guys are on pins and needles! will pray for your peace about possible induction (or as you put it, eviction...lol!).
Hmm, I had never heard of the castor oil thing but after listening to Gloria describe it, I would say avoid it too! Stick with the tea and pineapple =)
Post a Comment