»

Thursday, January 17, 2008

What a difference a week makes!

In the past 7 days, my world has forever changed. Charlotte was born on Jan 10th, at 9:15 in the evening. She's beautiful and absolutely perfect - but I may be a bit biased. I went into labor on my own, Praise God - and while my birth story isn't what I would have planned, the result is a blessing from God.

I've been poked, prodded, monitored, watched, panicked, given birth, thrown up, been thrown up on, been peed on, been pooped on, laughed, cried, fallen deeply in love - and been completely overwhelmed by the entire experience. How will I ever adjust to the demands of this new little person that I don't really understand, and how was this world ever enough without her in it?


A few hours old...



A day and a half old...

Home, where we've been waiting...





In the 60+ year old baby gown, passed down through Jason's family...

Damn the paparazzi.


Someone please explain to my Mommy and Daddy how to care for an infant... they're OBVIOUSLY clueless.


6 comments:

The Lashers said...

She is absolutely beautiful - you guys do good work!

Brad and Tammy said...

I'm all choked up! What an incredible journey! She is absolutely gorgeous!

Gloria Furman said...

Charlotte is such a striking creature. She looks at you like she KNOWS--- everything. Everything the world has to offer, everything you are thinking, and everything her parents would do for her in a heartbeat. What a beautiful baby! We miss her! (And you guys, too, of course)

battynurse said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful.

Jess said...

I'm here by way of Mel...she is a beauty!! :) Congratulations!

Kim and JD said...

Congratulations to both of you!! I was so glad to hear that you went into labor on your own, I know you wanted that. She is absolutely beautiful, we can't wait to meet her!