»

Monday, February 4, 2008

I love her so much it makes me want to explode.

Seriously! It's overwhelming. Jason and I find ourselves just staring at her... she's really ours???

Life is good. God is amazing! My hormones are leveling out, I'm a little teensy bit more confident, we seem to be getting a good little groove... that is NOT to say we're on any sort of schedule, Charlotte is still pretty unpredictable - but it's getting better! Nursing is even getting better! (And a side note to all of my friends that didn't have nursing issues.... I hope you don't take that for granted! lol. That's harder than any job or any exam I've ever had to contend with...).

As of her 3 week pedi appt, Charlotte finally passed her birth weight - she now weighs 7lb 7oz. The outfit below is actually a premie outfit, but it fits her better than anything else she has - and we still have to roll the pants up so that they don't cover her feet completely, and the sleeves up so that she can find her hands. She's an itty bitty!

We're still on house arrest/quarantine - our pediatrician said she's seen really high numbers of babies with the flu and RSV this season - and wants us to stay at home for 2 months. She's particularly concerned with going to church because so many people will want to hold her... we miss church! Jason had to go to Chicago for a few days last week, and Rachel and Suzanne came and staged an intervention of sorts. Making a delicious lunch, helping with some stuff around the house, and just giving me some adult company... it was the greatest gift. They may not have realized it, but I was on the verge of an anxiety attack and the distraction was welcome, lol. Then, that evening (our first one alone), my best friend since childhood - Miranda - came over and kept me company for a few hours. Miranda was actually in the delivery room with us when Charlotte was born, and helped Jason & I a lot during the scary parts of my labor... she has a daughter who is 4months older than Charlotte, so we're going to be forcing best-friendedness on them.

We have a pass to hang out with friends and go to the store, though, so if you see us mindlessly ambling about Target - that's why. Be warned before approaching, we probably smell like spit up and if you start talking to us, it could be hard to break free - we may latch on and not let go.
We also took a walk around the neighborhood with Daddy last night (um, why is it almost 80 degrees the first week of February!?!?!?)... the walk included checking the mail. Very exciting stuff, people!

As for who she looks like, I dug up a few pictures of myself at that age - and the resemblance is pretty obvious. Only she's WAY cuter. :o) But her feet are IDENTICAL to her fathers. She even has the same random crazy toe that wants to point the wrong direction.

Here are some pictures from this week...


The strap was in front of the lens when I took this picture, but it CRACKS me up... she's SO ANGRY!


Whoah! We're outside! THE INSANITY!!!











6 comments:

Renee & Sheldon said...

Ahh...she is just absolutely adorable!!! What great pictures!!! I know what you mean about being on house arrest, I think everyone at work has been sick and Pierce is just now getting over his cold (3 stinkin' weeks later!)

The Lashers said...

Ahhh...Charlotte is cute! Brooke was on house arrest this past week too. Only she was the sick one. :( The flu and pregnant....not much fun for either one of us.

The McKays said...

i love her; she is so sweet. great pics. we will come by again very soon! :) adult company is always heavenly, regardless of what stage you are in on this partenting journey.

Rachel Maples said...

We loved it as much as you did, we need that adult interaction too. And honey we are two seconds from an anxiety attack I think it comes with the whole becoming a mom thing. I'm telling you, next time you sit down to nurse charlotte pour your self a small glass of wine too or a big one, which ever you prefer and if you need wine, you know where to find it and I could have it there in about 20 minutes! love ya, thanks for the sweet words.

Gloria Furman said...

Are y'all allowed to hang out with Furman's when they're in town next week?

Anonymous said...

She's absolutely lovely! Located your blog via Avants. Not sure how I've been missing you. Added you to my pal list. You'll see me a lot more often. Well done you worthy ducks. Well done!