»

Friday, October 17, 2008

I hate phone books.

Ever since that crafty Al Gore invented the internet, I find phone books useless and a waste of space, paper, etc.  


Now you can opt out of receiving them.  

www.YellowPagesGoesGreen.com

I'm going to have to find something else to use as a booster seat, though....  

Oh!  Which reminds me.  I'm going to buy Charlotte a big girl car seat today.  Which I find somewhat depressing.  Where did my baby go?  

She will still be rear-facing, however, for as long as possible.  Even though the law says you can turn them at 1 year and 20 pounds (or whatever the poundage is), all research indicates that they should remain rear facing to the heighest weight or height allowed by the manufacturer of her seat.  Some states are even pushing to change those laws to reflect this new data.  I know it's not as "fun" - but it's in their best interest.  (This public service announcement brought to you by the brainwashing I've received from Miranda, the car-seat-safety nazi).  


5 comments:

Chris, Miranda, Prestley & Hudsyn said...

Yay for rear-facing toddlers!!!

The Craftypigs said...

I couldn't agree more on the phone books.....complete waste of paper. I remember when we lived in Murphy we had four different books for the Dallas metroplex and there was a time I was hunting for something, can't remember what now - fence repair I think, that none of them were helpful to me. Exhausting.

hang tough on the rear facing. Colin was 20 lbs way before he was 1 year so at 1 year we turned him around. It was such a treat to see him in the mirror.

Renee & Sheldon said...

I totally agree with keeping them rear-facing as long as possible. Sure, it's hard to grab something if they drop it, but I would rather have that inconvenience and keep them safe.

Gloria Furman said...

three cheers for carseats in general! i am so tired of seeing babies sitting in laps around here.

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Ha! I just told Matt last week as I watched some guy chunk a huge phone book on my porch that it was the biggest waste of a tree I could think of! Ryder is turned forward now, his legs were crunched up against the back of the seat and he would get crazy mad. I found it hard to concentrate on my driving with screaming ringing through my ears. I just have to drive that much safer and be that much more defensive about other peoples moves. That being said, I'd keep Charlotte facing rear as long as you can..it really is best!