Every night, before bed, we pray with Charlotte... she clasps her little hands, squeezes her little eyes shut, says "Dear Jesus" - then we pray, and at the end she says "aaaaaaaa-men."
Tonight, I turned off the lights, said "ok, time to pray sweet pea!"
She clasped her little hands, squeezed her little eyes shut, and the proceeded to say the following - with absolutely ZERO leading or prompting by me.
"Dear sheeesus, tank you momma tank you daddy tank you kitty aaaaa-men."
I got so excited and gave her a huge hug and told her she was so sweet...
... at which point she pushed me away.
She clasped her little hands again, squeezed her little eyes shut, and then said - once again, zero leading or prompting...
"Dear sheeesus, tank you Keees tank you Mir tank you Pessley. aaaaaaaaa-men."
We'd spent the day at the zoo with Chris, Miranda & Prestley.
It was all I could do to put her to bed after that, without crawling into her crib with her and never letting her go. (BTW, I've crawled in with her before... it's not all that comfy). I ran out to tell Jason about it, then I had to call up Miranda and tell her about it, and now - as I type it out, I'm getting misty eyed again.
I don't know exactly what "it" is that she "gets" now... but she "gets" something.
Gratitude? Love of friends?
All I know is she's 20 months old and I swear, I love her more and more everyday.
Motherhood is the strangest phenomenon. And better than any drug out there.
11 comments:
I think having kids has REALLY helped me to get a clearer picture of the way God created us to be, before that whole sin problem entered into the picture. I see their innocence, their open minds-free from self-doubt, fear, or false motives, their forgiving hearts, and eager ability to find beauty in everything.
What a sweet, special moment. Thanks for sharing!
Beautiful!
THat is so cute.
We pray with Morgan, in which right now she will hold our hands when we pray, and while we all close our eyes and bow our heads and pray, she stars and looks around at all of us while still holding our hands. Then right as we say Amen, she too says aaaaaaaa-men.
LOVE IT>
Melting, melting, my heart is melting. I love Charlotte! And Charlotte does get it. She gets more than you know. I think the older we get the less and less we get it.
You are absolutely right, motherhood is the most amazing experience, I am teary eyed reading this post. We have said the same prayer with Carson since he was a tiny baby and now he pretty much has it memorized, it's a sweet nightly tradition.
Motherhood is amazing. Watching these beautiful little people emerge--it is incredible. Charlotte is such a sweet little girl who obviously has two parents that are doing a fabulous job of giving her the best gift they can give her--an introduction to Christ and his love.
*melt* What a sweet girl!
I think that's the most cutest, sweetest thing I've ever heard! Kids are definitely amazing little creatures.
*love*
:love:
She's precious and you guys rock!
WoW! what a sweet little angel. .=)
Post a Comment