It's absolute habit to click thru the list of blogs that I read - scanning for updates... but it's not yet habit to visit and/or post on this one. I'm going to work on that.
This morning was our monthly book club meeting. We read The Road by Cormack McCarthy. It wasn't the type of book I would normally pick up on my own (which is why I LOVE book club), but I ended up really investing myself in it. The first 60 pages or so were S-L-O-W, and I was really not sure if I was going to finish it (they took me 3 weeks) - but then the first big *thing* happened in the story line, and I was sucked in from there. I ended up finishing the rest of the book in 24 hours. I devoured it. And I blame the fact that I sobbed thru the last few pages on my crazy hormones. After our breakfast, I came home and ordered the next book (Water for Elephants) - I can't wait to get it and dive in. Being completely absorbed by a good book is such a divine feeling.
Dad is in Kuwait. I talked to him shortly before he flew out last night, but I probably won't get to talk to him again for a week or two. Before he left, he emailed me his class picture. He's front row, fourth from the right... doesn't he look excited? At least one of us is... I can't believe that (assuming everything goes well, and it will) I will have this baby before he comes home.
Speaking of the baby - I threw up! That, my friends, is something to be celebrated. I'm choosing to believe that it means this baby is growing and thriving. I'll be 9 weeks on Tuesday, and have my next sonogram on Monday. I'm following my doctors orders to take it easy, and NO exercise. I would think that would be the best order EVER - but I feel like I'm expanding exponentially. I officially have no jeans that I can wear anymore, and every part of me is squishy. I feel like if I could get some activity in, I'd feel better - but I'm just going to do as I'm told. Mark my words, though - I'm going to be one of those unfortunate souls that gains 80 lbs.
I found this amazing site that has all kinds of videos of embryos in-utero. Fascinating, God-revealing stuff. Life truly is a miracle. I'm going to try and include little links of where our baby is...
This video shows that at 8w2d, reflexive movement can be observed.
How cool is that??
Saturday, June 2, 2007
Need to create the habit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment