»

Monday, July 30, 2007

We made our first purchase!

*gulp*

Bedding has been ordered. In pink. So she BETTER be a she! lol. It's still surreal... we've moved 95% of the crap that was sitting in 'her room' out, some friends are giving us a crib and that will be here in appx 3 weeks, we have a glider being given to us, and need to go to Ikea to pick up her dresser. Unfortunately, for now - the only baby stuff she has are a few small items of clothing, that were purchased for a boy-baby. :o)

Here is the bedding we ordered...


The coordinating pillows are large polka dots, in various shades of pinks and browns. I think we're going to paint the walls a relatively neutral khaki tone (pulled out of the pillows and stripes) and then add some accent paint details to the walls.

We're 90% sure we have a name picked out, also. I totally see why people keep their baby names a secret, because people ask - then are very lukewarm or opinionated in their response - and it hurts your feelings! My opinion - you shouldn't ask unless you are 100% prepared to fake enthusiasm about whatever they have picked. That being said, however, I'm really horrible at keeping a secret - so the name we're leaning towards right now is Charlotte. It makes my heart flutter a little when I say it, and the baby in my mind's eye looks VERY much like a Charlotte - so it will probably stick. But don't go ordering anything embroidered yet. It means "strong, little woman" which I adore. I come from a long line of little women that will not hesitate to use their ninja skills to defend the universe....

Prayer request: We're fighting a real battle with Jason's pain meds again - the recent prescription turned out to make it extremely difficult for him to breathe, so they changed it - and the new one seems to be even worse. Jason is quite fed up and has decided (on his own) to quit them cold turkey... I'm certain there will be some withdrawal type fallback from this, so we have an appt with his pain management dr this afternoon. I'm hoping they will at least agree to put him back on the lower level stuff he was on before. They took him off of it because they were concerned that it would damage his liver (he'd been on them for a year), but Jason seems to think that if he could go back to those - he could be in a place where he wasn't taking them daily within a month or two. I know he is really struggling with all of this - he doesn't want to be medicated, but he also still has a great deal of pain... prayers would be appreciated.

Oh, and welcome to the world Pierce Thomas!!!!

5 comments:

Brad and Tammy said...

Charlotte! I think it is a beautiful name! Well done! We will keep Jason in our prayers. I can empathize some on the back problems but not near the pain he has I'm sure. We are praying for both of you and for baby Charlotte!
That name is too cute!

The McKays said...

charlotte duckworth. i love, love it. nice choice! i dig it, i really do. can't wait for our girls to meet some day. and i LOVE the room colors. it's all about pinks and browns, i'm telling you.

Renee & Sheldon said...

Love the name Charlotte and love the bedding choice, it's darling!

Gloria Furman said...

post post post. where are the posts?

JayJayGhatt said...

gorgeous name! gorgeous bedding! perfect!