»

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Better late than never...

I'm way behind on an update - I realize this. My apologies. I've been running around like a chicken without a head all week, caring for my baby, my husband, our home, working (I still have a job!), reading my vampire books, watching the olympics, etc. I had my stepmom here for several days, helping - which was amazing - but she's gone now, so we're flying solo.

Jason's surgery went well. They had to take out more disc material than originally thought, so he will likely need a permanent spinal fusion in a few years (as opposed to the removable dynamic fusion currently in place) - but he woke up and was able to feel all parts of his legs, and the pain that radiated down them both was mostly gone. There were also some very scary symptoms he was having, that have been relieved as well. God is so good! He does, however, still have a long way to go. He's nowhere near pain-free, and still in need of prayers. For the next long while, he's not allowed to drive, pick up the baby, etc - which means a lot of extra work for me. I don't mind, really, but I'm human and I tend to get bitchy - so pray for us both. :o)

Oh! And because we like to "do things right" (you know... adding in little extras, like my smashed finger)... the morning after Jason's surgery, they brought him his breakfast (oatmeal with brown sugar & raisins, a cream cheese muffin, a club sandwich, cheesecake, a scoop of ice cream, coffee and a diet sprite - He thought he was Michael Phelps or something). He bumped his table and spilled his coffee on his thigh. I don't know what degree the burn is, b/c he didn't have a doctor look at it (the nurses ran in and stripped his gown, TED hose, blankets, etc off) - but it's been a week and his thigh is still covered in blisters. It's the worst burn I've seen him get, and I watched him dump hot frying oil on his hand once. Nothing like pouring hot coffee in your lap when you can't jump up and do anything about it. Poor guy.

In Charlotte news.... it's official. She's big. The past two weeks she has EXPLODED with new tricks. They're hard to describe - she's just changed. She's more independent (despite the separation anxiety we're working through), her personality is BLOOMING, and she is so eager to get moving. She no longer just cracks me up, she cracks herself up, too. It's the sweetest thing. She scrunches up her nose when she laughs, and she loves to give her momma kisses.

She doesn't talk yet - but she does babble quite a bit, and her babbles sound distinctly like words. Our favorites... "Hi Bob! Hi Bob! Hi Bob!" (who's Bob???) and "bad dad bad dad bad dad".

2 comments:

Renee & Sheldon said...

This "Bob" guy is sure popular. That's the only person Pierce talked about for the longest time too! Figures, Pierce and Charlotte are sharing secrets =) We are praying for Jason's speedy recovery and for patience for all of you!

christina(apronstrings) said...

i hope he gets to feeling better soom-with all that tlc (sans the burn) he'll be better in no time.