»

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Vampires got me.

I love to read. There's really no better escape, in my opinion, than a book that grabs you and won't let you go. However, I mostly gravitate towards contemporary fiction, drama, family stories etc... sci-fi? Not so much. Vampires? No thanks.

So how then, do I find myself, hopelessly addicted to the Twilight series???? Geez. I can't put it down! I read it while I nurse. I read it in the car. I read it before bed. I read it before Charlotte gets up in the morning. J-U-N-K-I-E.

Part of what I love about it is that it's targeted towards grades 7-9, so it's an easy read. It has a love story in it, but it's not smutty. Is it the next Bronte or Dickens? No, not at all. But as long as you know that going in, you'll enjoy it.

There are 4 books out in the series, so far. So go... buy Twilight. Read it. Then come back and tell me I was right.

5 comments:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

So Funny you posted this because one of my college roommates had just blogged about how she felt like she was the only one who hadn't read this series and that all of her girlfriends line up at 12:01 am to get the next book in the series..surely there must be something wrong with her for not doing the same...I am embarrassed to admit I have never heard of the series. I thought I was living in a shell, but now it has been confirmed. I am so intrigued and I also love a good read. I will definitely check it out!

Renee & Sheldon said...

Well, this must be a super popular book because there are 36 people that have it on hold at the Garland library, which is the most I've ever seen. I'm definitely going to check it out, recommendations from friends are the best =)

Anonymous said...

*ahem*

HEATHER was right.

The McKays said...

Can't wait! perhaps i can borrow it when you are done? :)

Frances Outlaw-Jones said...

you're the second adult to rave about this seris to me. Guess I'll go to B&N tomorrow.