Seriously... having kids makes everything so fun. I had no idea. I mean, I thought I knew... but I didn't. Charlotte doesn't really care yet about presents, but she's big enough to know that SOMETHING fun was going on - and I thought her little head was going to explode. She'd just go from ribbon to bow to box to person, tasting this, licking that, throwing this, petting that. Combine her super fast activity with me sticking the wrong lens on my camera, add in a little bit of 'my glasses are scratched all to hell from being thrown by a baby' and you have 90% of my pictures out of focus. But who cares, really... I will forever remember this Christmas.
While we're talking about Christmas, there are some truly, exceptionally, insanely, unexpectedly generous people out there. Jason & I have knelt to pray each night this week not even knowing how to begin to thank God for the way he's touched our lives, through our friends and family. Having the primary breadwinner of your home out of work during Christmas, when the news just tells you 3 times a day how much worse it's going to get, is anxiety inducing - at best. Those around us, though, have shown us such love that we're at a place where we're feeling peaceful. The sermon at church on Christmas Eve was about waiting - and how we tend to hear "not yet" as "not ever" but that what we're waiting for, is always worth the wait. Be it a job, a partner, a baby, or the Jewish people waiting on Christ.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:30-31
It was what we needed to hear. I hope all of those that have been so generous to us in the past few weeks know how truly thankful we are.
9 comments:
Those festive tights are adorable...
Ali,
I needed that post.
Thank You.
I needed to hear that too. I didnt get to go on Christmas eve, I will have to download it. I love the pictures but I love her little skirt even more!
They do make it so much more special, don't they? :love:
LOVE, LOVE the skirt...you've got one precious baby girl on your hands! I can't believe we'll be seeing pink so soon in our house! Oh...My email is heatherdawntowers@hotmail.com
Why yes, that outfit IS adorable on her! :right:
:love:
Ummmmm you are slacking, I need new pictures.
Hey, I have been thinking about yall and wondering how you are doing.
what a beautiful post; i, too, needed to hear these words. xoxo
Post a Comment