Charlotte has been busy, busy, busy this week! Since we were released from quarantine - we went crazy. There was the Easter adventure at the church, a full Sunday at church, a Duckworth family gathering at Ma & Pa Duck's house, our first (and maybe last/only) La Leche League meeting, we spent a day with Patty & Eliana, we went to Mommy's work, we went to bible study - and went to the pediatrician and got our first set of shots. Whew!
Charlotte is now 10lbs 9oz (big girl!) and 21.5 inches long. That means she's gained over 3lbs, and grown over 2 inches! She's in the 30th percentile for height, 50th for weight, and 75th for head circumference. She's going to be a short, but not tiny, bobblehead like her mother. Those shots are so traumatic, though... I'm not quite sure why the needles have to be so big, but I may never forget the look of terror on her face after the first one. She is NOT a fan. It took us the rest of the night to console her, and 72 hours later - she's still kind of cranky, and not entirely 'herself.' She did get some awesome bandaids, though. I'm not sure she felt she was adequately compensated, but hey - you get what you get, right?
The visit to my workplace turned out to be awesome... I had planned on becoming a SAHM, which felt like the right decision - but was going to be hard. Financially it would be difficult (but doable), but also it would be difficult to put the time out on my career path. After the meeting, though, I've decided I will continue to work. They offered me the opportunity to work part time, from home - as few hours as I need (I'm going to do 10 a week). How could I say no to that? It will dramatically ease the financial burden, and hopefully keep my mind somewhat plugged into an adult world. :o) God is good.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
What a crazy week!
Posted by eleventhirtysix images at 5:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The new blog colors are fantastic! Love it and love you guys and baby C! She Rocks!
HA! She's definitely a Duck. The personality is ooooooozing!!
This picture of her is too funny. She is really expressional (if that is a word). LOL
Post a Comment