»

Monday, June 1, 2009

*eek* I can't turn back now....

Most of you know that I finally sucked it up and launched my website this weekend.  I'd been sitting on it for a month, letting the crazy voices in my head talk me out of it - just about every day. 


My discomfort comes from that thought that by putting myself "out there" like that, people would assume that I thought I was the best...  or that I knew it all....  

If *real* professionals look at my site, will they totally pick apart my work?  

Because I'm not the worlds best.  I certainly DON'T know it all.  I learn something new at each and every session I do.   Which is part of why I did want to put it out there.  More business means more opportunity to learn.  

I talked it through with my friends and they encouraged me to just do it.  They might've just been sick of hearing me waffle back and forth on it, but regardless - I did it.  I hit "publish."  

And now - it's started.  I just booked my first session, with someone I'd never met/heard of, through the "Contact Allison" form on my site.  

I can't decide if I'm more freaked out or excited.  

I think excited, though.  

Yeah.  Excited.  

I'll probably set up a photo blog to link up with my site,  so that I can use this one strictly to ramble on about the adventures of raising a toddler...   (I read an article this weekend that referred to toddlers as "emo-bombs", walking emotional rollercoasters.  "EmoBombs".  LOVE IT.). 

Anyway, yeah.  

www.eleventhirtysiximages.com

6 comments:

Me said...

that is awesome! i published a little post about your site so i hope that helps...so proud of you...it is hard to put yourself out there...but you are AWESOME...and your work is wonderful and creative...

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Congratulations, Allison!!! You are an awesome photographer and I am so proud of you!

Lizz said...

I am so freakin' proud of you. If I lived in the DFW, I'd be all over....."you know my Allison is so awesome. You should check her out."

Misty Rice said...

Real professionals????

YOU are a real professional.... TELL YOUR BRAIN THAT.

Because if YOU can't be called a professional, then what the heck can I then be called???

And by your hesitation (talk) of hitting publish for all to see.... almost makes me wonder "an I in denial here?" LOL Because I didn't even of that side of things.. HA!

christina(apronstrings) said...

what if they do pick it apart? fvck'em. haters abound in this world.don't waste two seconds thinking about them.
BTW i am reading and thinking about you--just not commenting as much.

Anonymous said...

Love the new site Allison!! It looks completely professional and your photos are amazing! Lots and lots of luck to you with your new venture,

Charlotte no 2 x