»

Thursday, June 25, 2009

From the mouths of babes...

In the past few days, Charlotte has reduced her vocabulary down to just two words - Ernie and Elmo. She wakes in the morning calling for them, wants them by her side as she eats her breakfast, she dances in front of the TV and computer calling out their names - waiting for them to appear, she even uses their names as expletives when she's angry. It's somewhat cute, somewhat annoying, often times frustrating (when I can't figure out what she wants) - and truth be told, I'm starting to get a bit jealous of those muppets and the hold they have on her sweet little heart.

Well, we were in the shower today and we were talking about Jesus. She can say Jesus, so I was trying to get her to.

Me: Can you say "Jesus?"

(she pauses, and looks at me)

Charlotte: Elmo.

*sigh*

5 comments:

Me said...

it will pass...both em and ben did the same thing except their names were momo and nernie...i was going to ask if you wanted our old Elmo DVD's...but you might want to expose her to more Yo Gabba Gabba...:)

wilderlamb said...

Damn Sesame Street! The are hypnotizing the children!

The Fox Family said...

ERNIE!@!$%#!@!

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

This is too funny, because Ryder too loves Sesame Street with all his heart. Wednesday Night, Matt had to go to a dinner after work, so I was doing the night time bath routine by myself. I had him in the tub and I walked into the next room and turned on the TV to start picking up the Tornado Mess of a Playroom. A commercial for Sesame Street with Elmo and the First Lady came on and that Naked little boogar was out of the bathtub and in the room with the TV in a second flat. He loves Ernie, but calls him "Duck" since he always has his duck, he sleeps with Grover every night and is also obsessed with "Cooookie"! Needless to say, I am making Sesame Street Character Cupcakes for his birthday!

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

PS...that probably sounds horrible that I left him alone in the bath, but let me assure you that I can see him from the playroom in the bathtub and he is obsessed with draining the water..so I am pretty sure an ant couldn't drown in his bathtub!