»

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I now get what it IS to be 16 months old.


I bet this is what it feels like, sorta, to grow teeth for the first time.

Good freaking gravy, I'm at the end of day 4 - had a follow up today, am STILL swollen and have a golf ball sized knot on my jaw on one side, can only slip my toothbrush into my mouth sideways - and am so sick of soup that I'm tempted to smash all the bowls in the house.

Did I mention it hurts? Because it does! We're talking "wake me out of a dead sleep around 3am each day" kind of hurt.

At my follow up appointment, my surgeon apologized no less than a dozen times. He said that I had really big teeth, and a really small mouth - and that he knew while he was doing it that I was NOT going to be feeling good for a while.

That's the first time some one has ever told me I had a small mouth.

In fact, I've been accused of just the opposite on more than one occassion.

So when I run out of percocet, I wonder if Charlotte will share her Hylands with me....

I'll stop whining about this eventually.

Eventually.

Speaking of Charlotte - gratuitous pictures of her, her BFF Prestley, a slip-n-slide (or drinking fountain, if you're my daughter), a Barbie 4 wheeler, and some bubbles.





Everytime Charlotte slipped, she didn't understand that she was supposed to get back up - so she'd just lay there. Prestley would go over and try to pick her up.


10 comments:

Lizz said...

That pic of her drinking from the slip n slide made me laugh. She is so stinkin' cute.

I'm so sorry about your mouth. When I had my first set of wisoms out I was in that same boat. I was 12 and still VIVIDLY remember how miserable it was. Feel better babe.

Sara said...

Your little girl is almost painfully cute. I love that you put her hair in those little pigtails.

Good luck with your wisdom teeth and your new-found hatred of soup!

Me said...

i am so sorry friend...please let me know if there is anything i can do to help! and she is ADORABLE...and i have the same problem with my mouth too...small mouth BIG teeth...feel your pain...ugh!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon.

christina(apronstrings) said...

very cute post. sorry about your teeth. ouch!
re:her not getting up--too funny. i am always amazed out how much they really have to learn.
xoxo
feel better.

Renee & Sheldon said...

What a good friend she has in Prestley!! Fast forward 21 years and make sure they are together when they celebrate turning legal ;)

Stephanie said...

Oh Al, so sorry your mouth is still hurting! Get better soon! I bet this time next week you will feel a lot better! Hoping anyway.

Charlotte is sooooo cute! Such fun pics : )

Janis said...

I think, to fully live the 16 month old experience, you've gotta wear a diaper. That's the only way you're going to really get baby cred with Charlotte. I can't wait for the next Wordless Wednesday entry!

p.s. What's with the dirty word verifications? Crelatio? Really???

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Adorable pictures....Love the pictures.

I enjoyed reading your blog...The blog world is so new to me...Hope you will stop by for a visit. I am posting on our Disney trip now and then on to a new grandson in two weeks..

Angbrad03 said...

She is so adorable! Can I tell you--Aiden has asked about "baby" Charlotte about a million times--he is officially in love with your daughter--he thought she was so cute!