I'll post two today, to compensate - and I swear, it will never happen again. (I hope).
I was reading my friend Joy's blog about cleaning and being overwhelmed, and it reminded me of something that happened last night.
The following is NOT a dramatic reenactment. Nothing has been exaggerated.
It's a rainy evening in the Duckworth household, and the place is such a mess that Mom just can NOT be bothered to cook a proper meal. Soup and sandwiches it will be.
She gets out the bread, the meat, the cheese, etc. Plan is grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches, organic fancy soup in one of those boxes.
Starts to build the sandwich - cheddar is moldy. *sigh* Tosses in trash. Gets out pepper jack instead. Opens package of turkey, notices it's out of date. *bigger sigh* Into trash. Fine. Plain grilled cheese, then.
Gets out box of soup and pan to warm in. Notices soup is out of date. *not even sighing anymore*. Tosses into trash. Grabs box of fancy corn soup in box. Also out of date. Into trash. Black bean and red pepper soup? Yep, out of date. *slams box of soup into trash*
Decides to warm can of fancy organic black bean chili. Grabs can - Yay! Not out of date!. Pours in pan. Gets out sour cream and diced onions to put on top. Opens sour cream - moldy.
*makes a dramatic, exasperated noise, throws sour cream in the sink, runs away from home and never comes back*
Today's meal: crackers and water.
(In my defense, I just bought most of that stuff in the last month or so).
6 comments:
this so sounds like my life...
happens to me all the time too...but after the second sigh chris would have gone to get chicken nuggets for the kids...
Oh man, that sucks!!! :hug:
I've lived that evening myself :indiff: (((Allison)))
hey, you'll be prepared if you are in an english prison!!
hilarious recounting of how it all went down! really, you recently bought it all!?! that's insane.
Post a Comment