Well, maybe it's not so fun - but it is what it is.
As far as a severence package - if there is one, we haven't been told about it. And there was no notice, it was effective immediately. We still haven't received payment from when he was on short-term disability for his last back surgery, and that whole situation pretty much wiped out our savings.
BUT... (and this is the good part) it's so interesting how things are playing out. Obviously he doesn't have another job yet (it's only Sunday), but we can already see God's hands in the situation - and the amazing creativity that he's using to take care of us. We've been helping and working on other completely unrelated situations for years now, and all of the sudden - those situations are directly coming to a head in ways that are amazing. I know, that's totally cryptic, and I apologize, but really - God is incredible.
We've spent the weekend at my Dad's house, kind of a "retreat" if you will, just to give us the opportunity to clear our heads and renew our hearts/minds. My Dad is still in Iraq, but my stepmom is here and she does such a phenomenal job of helping with the baby, and of feeding us. If there were an award for homemade fried chicken, mashed potatoes, etc - she would win it. And probably my favorite part, coffee and breakfast are in the works when I wake up. We will head home tomorrow ready to rework Jason's resume and start moving forward.
It is alarming, though, how many others are going through the same situation. Several people we know lost their job the same week as Jason, and some even the same day. Texas is supposedly doing relatively well, still. My heart breaks for the states that AREN'T doing well.
Anyhow, thanks for the prayers. Like I said - we'll be okay somehow. We may live on Ramen, eating in the dark - but they can't take our birthday away. :o)
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Update on our fun little situation
Posted by eleventhirtysix images at 10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
love you guys! we will keep praying!
I was pleasantly surprised how things have come together perfectly as far as my finding good work and the perfect childcare situation. I hope the same for you.
I feel for you guys, but I know deep in my heart of hearts you will be just fine.
No matter what happens, God is a good, loving God and he will provide for you. We will continue to pray for God's guidance in your unfortunate situation.
I too have been amazed at how events have played out.
Thinking of you guys lots, and hoping for the best.
There's usually not much you can say at a time like this so I won't try but just know where here if you need anything, and don't be afraid to ask.
I've been neglectful reading my blogs..so I didn't read until this morning. I am so sorry. I admire your spirit, there is no way I could be as positive as you have been. I pray for that positive attitude, for my glass to be half full not empty, and I am glad he has shown you that light. I firmly believe that all things are done by Him for a greater cause..just may not be able to see that cause right now..but rest assured it is there. You are in our prayers! Hugs.
Post a Comment