»

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 2 of NoBloPoMo


Am I out of things to write about already?  Is it only day 2 and I'm resorting to photos?


Maybe.

I'm constantly mesmerized by this little person living in our home.  Everyday it's something new. Case in point: This morning, we had to get to church early because it was our weekend to run the coffee shop.  The nursery staff wasn't there yet, though, so Charlotte and I went into the sanctuary with Rachel and Dealey to listen to the worship team practice.  Dealey was running around, showing off his impressive mobility - which included climbing up and down the steps to the stage.  Charlotte watches carefully, soaking it in, then crawls her little self over to the first step, pulls up to a stand, and starts trying to get her leg on the first step.

She thought she would just climb on up, like some kind of big kid.  

I don't know if she actually could've pulled it off or not because her sweet little legs were too short to get up there, so instead it was just an observance of an exercise in futility - but you could just see the gears in her head turning.  She's a person.  A real, live, breathing, thinking, risk-taking little person. 

I wonder how long it will be before I actually get used to that idea...


1 comments:

christina(apronstrings) said...

hahahha. what a cutie. mayeb you;ll get used to it when you are running behind her.